RSS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Add a guide.

Published by Fanny 24 February 2010, categorized.

I have a question about how I add a marker to a form, behaviour and why I do it this way. When you add a cue, you can choose to add the marker before the behavior, as the dog performs behavior, or after the behavior (just before the click or reward).As I noted in this post last summer, I choose Add the leader before the comportement.Il is simply much more logical to me than any other way to do so, and it seems that my dogs learn faster as they did before (when I did differently).

A coordinate system or a discriminative stimulus is information for the dog. It tells which behavior will be strengthened (or punished) right there and then. Before even that we added a coordinate system, there are the discriminative stimuli at work.When there is a behavior, there is a stimulus that precedes it. When we add a verbal cue, ago of stimuli that behavior leader (our position, that we have recently rewarded, how we reward etc.).Our goal is to obtain the verbal cue to become the most important one and replace other stimuli. To do this, we have the new valuable reference for the dog, it must provide the information.

In theory, I think that it is the most important thing.I try to coordinate system means something to the dog as soon as possible.Lorsque I only reward behavior if the leader was given, the mark becomes valuable for the dog. I also want to mix in other indices fairly quickly, so that the coordinate system is not only useful, but also contains information on behaviour which I want. I think that is the essential, and it cannot be done with the coordinate system that passes before the behavior.

The coordinate system with pairing for a long time behavior is probably not as important, but I do that as well.I can not really explain in theory, but it seems that you can add a cue operating, behavior within a procedure more as classical conditioning (the leader with behavior pairing, not really focusing on the consequence).If we use a classic procedure of packaging, it is absolutely more efficient if the cue is presented before the behavior (just like we would click before you give us treat, when we want to condition the click).By operating and classical conditioning, the stimulus comes before the behavior.

If we add the marker at the same time, or after the dog performs behavior, we will not effectively coordinate system with behavior pairing, and other stimuli will always giving information on what behavior to course effectuer.Bien dog people teach their dogs indices in different ways, they are all travailler.Je is not only think that when the behavior is already added the coordinate system is to teach the dog much to all les.Finalement, most trainers change the timing and give the cue earlier and earlier, why not do with a perfect timing upon departure?).

Please write a comment and tell me what you think!

3 Answers to this address EntryTrackback of "" flow
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment